tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 05 10:49:02 1996

Re: KLBC:yI

>Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 09:27:20 -0700
>From: Dave Yeung <[email protected]>

>This is to Dixon:

>Okay, I see the KLBC in the header, so I'll leave the grammatical stuff
>to the BG... but seeing as to that you're a fellow Canadian (eh?) I'll
>respond to your post.  BTW what is "yI"?

>On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Dixon wrote:

>> jIwa'maH Soch *Nova Scotia, Canada* jIyIn jImusha tlhIngan hol
>> tun vImojpu' ghojjen jIjaH De'wI' jIchamwI'

>wa'maH Hut DISvaD jIyIn.  "Mississauga, Ontario, Canada"Daq juHwIj

Hmm.  According to TKD, "-vaD" means something like "for the benefit of."
You may have to go back to the old standby of qaStaHvIS.  Or perhaps
something like "wa'maH Hut ben jIbogh."  We could use a better way,
though.

~mark

Back to archive top level