tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 05 12:56:30 1996

Re: Klingon CD

>Does a one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater:
>
>a) have one eye, one horn, fly, be purple, and eat people?
>b) have one eye, one horn, fly, and eat purple people?
>c) have one eye, one horn, and eat flying purple people?
>d) have one eye, and eat flying purple people who have one horn?
>e) eat flying purple people who have one eye and one horn?

Hmmmm. I wonder if it's just context - perhaps it's also *which* language
you learned first. My mother tongue is Dutch, which is relatively close
to English in its roots, and my guess would probably be "a" - just like
most English speakers. We seem to have a wide diversity in first
languages on this list - does anyone differ?

-John

[email protected], Jade Str 28, 2332 RT Leiden, The Netherlands
How many of life's pleasures *aren't* painful in the actual process?

Back to archive top level