tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 02 08:41:20 1996

Re: The Way of the Warrior

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Mike Rowe wrote:

> >Klingon is not Korean, so I wouldn't use Korean as a guide for translating
> >ideas into Klingon.
> That is obvious. I used the korean word Do as an example.  From all information
> on the subject I can find (and having been a martial arts teacher for 15 years
> gives me many resources) Warrior cultures establish that The Way of the Warrior
> is not a destination, but instead a path set through life.  Each warrior will

What about {ghob}?  It means "ethics" as a noun, and "to fight" as a
verb.  I don't know how it's different from {Suv},  I think maybe it
means "to fight ethically" as opposed to {HIgh} "to fight dirty".  But I
think it's the closest Klingon gets to the Korean "Do" or Chinese "Tao".

dave yeung

Back to archive top level