tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 19 09:45:48 1995

Saxon Stuff

First of all, whatever acronym we come up with for Beowulf and similar
projects, I think it should include "Epic".  The epic nature of Beowulf is
what seems to make it (and the prose edda, for example) of interest to
tlhIngan Hol enthusiasts.  Also, this would provide a broad umbrella under
which someone could attack the Norse epics or the Niebelungenlied if he or
she so wished.  I've got a copy of The Battle of Maldon. If I ever learn
West Saxon, I might try it.

Jason K. Green
[email protected]
http://www.efn.org/~jgreen/