tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 15 06:31:13 1995

Re: word count

According to [email protected]:

> Using the word list that I compiled from TKD, CK, PK, "HolQeD" 1:3, 3:2, I've
> come up with 1620 words. This includes 1513 roots and 107 derived forms. I
> estimate the margin of error at 4.67%. The derived forms would of course sky
> rocket if all example sentences from the dictionary and tapes were included,
> and possibly also dialog from the movies.

Hmmm. Thanks for alerting me to the recognition that in order
to fully cross reference the canon useage of suffixes, in
addition to other canon sources, I need to reference the word
list itself where these derived forms exist. That is a wrinkle
in relational links that may prove problematic, since it
implies relational links between three tables, two of which are
the same table referencing different records... Maybe the
simplest thing would be to enter these composits in the word
list into the canon table as redundent entries, rather than
link back to the word list itself...

Yeah. That's the ticket...

> Guido

charghwI'