tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 14 15:07:36 1995

Re: petaQneS ;-)

>Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 11:43:58 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: [email protected] (Steve Weaver)

>charghwI' responded:
>>According to Steve Weaver:
>>>..
>>> If someone has some referances for me I would appreciate a response (in
>>> tera'ngnan Hol, of course as tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhlaHbe')
>>
>>tlhIngan Hol DajatlhlaHbe'chugh vaj qatlh naDev SoHtaH?

>Someone correct my grammer on my reply (although I hope I got it right THIS
>time ... GOD, this is FUN):

>	  petaQnes *charghwI'*

I'm lost.  "(you all) be weird (with respect), charghwI'!"  You're
commanding more than one person to be weird (respectfully), but seem to be
addressing it only to charghwI'.  What do you mean?

>	     chovaqbe'qu'

DIch Daghaj'a'?  Duvaqlaw'.  He certainly *sounds* like he's mocking you.

>tlhIngan Hol vIghojqu'qang 'ach *ROME*'e' 'oH chenbe' wa'jaj

You lost me again.  "I'm willing to *learn* Klingon, but it's "rome"
that... it... one-day doesn't take form."

Oh, you're trying to say "rome wasn't built in a day", right?  Well, you
have the day taking form (and you should make it two words: wa' jaj), and
so on.  It's nice to use "chen" rather than "chenmoHlu'"; I like that.  How
about "qaStaHvIS wa' jaj neH chenbe' *Rome*."

~mark

Back to archive top level