tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 14 15:18:50 1995

Re: jIchu'

>Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 14:25:29 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: [email protected] (CHRISTOPH KRUEGER)

>toH

toH, batlh jumuv.

>Christoph jIH 'ej qengwI' tupongtaH

Hmm.  Your use of "pong" is questionable.  It's a tricky word, and its
exact use isn't really known.  You're trying to get two objects on the same
verb ("You all are naming me qengwI'"), and we don't know how to do that in
Klingon (or if it's possible).  As it stands now, you're sentence sounds
like shorthand for "jIHvaD qengwI' bopongtaH": "For/to me, you're all
naming qengwI'", which isn't quite right either.  Probably better would be
"tupongmeH, "qengwI'" yIja'" or simpler still: "qengwI' 'oH pongwIj'e'".

>Germany-Daq jIyIn
>german HolDaq vImughta' thlIngan Hol

"In german language I translate.  Klingon language."  Um, that doesn't
follow.  You're trying to do the same thing again.  After all, if tlhIngan
Hol is the thing translated (the object), it should come in front of the
verb, not after.  There's some doubt about your use of -Daq here, too,
since Okrand seems to use -Daq only in terms of actual space.

>batlh'etlh Dal

"boring honor-sword."  Um, ok.  Whatever.

~mark

Back to archive top level