tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 13 17:16:08 1995

Re: Langauge Updates??

On Wed, 12 Apr 1995, Karl Dyson wrote:

> > Join the KLI and you will receive a subscription to HolQeD with your
> > membership.  You can also order back-issues of HolQeD.  Of particular
> > interest are issues 1.3 and 2.4 where many new words have been introduced.

> How do I do that then?
> Will they deliver to the UK anyway?

Sure, for more information, send an E-mail message to [email protected]
or write to:
The Klingon Language Institute
P.O. Box 634
Flourtown, PA  19031-0634
USA

> > >  How would I say the "so goodbye" part?
> >
> > Klingon dispenses with superfluous social nicities.  You simply
> > state your intention.  If you simply say {DaH jImejnIS} or {SIbI' jImejnIS}
> > you have announced your intention to leave and that is all that
> > is required.  The closest thing to a farewell in Klingon is {Qapla'}.

> Oh, sorry I did not notice in the apppendix of TKD that there was a verb
> depart so I used one of the go verbs....
> As for Qapla'..thats what I usualy use but I don't like it..it doesn't feel
> right.

If you're uncomfortable with using Qapla' as a farewell, then make up your
own:
tugh maghomchuqqa'jaj.  QuvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj.  reH DujlIj yIvoq.
romulusnganpu'vaD yIjatlhQo'.

> > yoDtargh
> Is that your name????

HIja'.