tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 12 15:39:11 1995

Re: Langauge Updates??

Hi R.B,

> >  Could anyone tell me if the KLI produce language updates from the Klingon
> > Dictionary i.e. more nouns and verbs etc?
>
> Yes, KLI's journal, HolQeD has published additional Klingon words which
> may be added to our lexicon.  KLI does not itself invent new words, but
> it covers any new words which Okrand has introduced, either through
> supplemental sources like the CK and PK audio cassette tapes or through
> interviews with Okrand.
Oh sounds quite good..so thats what you lot have all been on about recently
:)

> >  If they do, how can I get at them?
> Join the KLI and you will receive a subscription to HolQeD with your
> membership.  You can also order back-issues of HolQeD.  Of particular
> interest are issues 1.3 and 2.4 where many new words have been introduced.
How do I do that then?
Will they deliver to the UK anyway?

> >  SIbl' jIjaHnIS (I need to go immediatly?)..
> >
> >  How would I say the "so goodbye" part?
>
> Klingon dispenses with superfluous social nicities.  You simply
> state your intention.  If you simply say {DaH jImejnIS} or {SIbI' jImejnIS}
> you have announced your intention to leave and that is all that
> is required.  The closest thing to a farewell in Klingon is {Qapla'}.
Oh, sorry I did not notice in the apppendix of TKD that there was a verb
depart so I used one of the go verbs....
As for Qapla'..thats what I usualy use but I don't like it..it doesn't feel
right.

> yoDtargh
Is that your name????

Ok then, goodbye.