tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 17 11:52:43 1994

Re: Accidents...

Hu'tegh! nuq ja' Goran Topic jay'?

=Qu'vatlh! moHaqmey' vImuSqu'! Yes... That does throw my story in the dustbin...
=But as for {ghu}s, I gather ghu is baby, and ghu' situation. Correct me if not.

You are correct.

=BTW, how would one say diminutive baby? ghuoy? With two vocals together?
=Or is there somewhere a rule covering that? Thanks.

As the TKD says, in that case you'd insert a "'": ghu'oy (only a slight
ambiguity there).

=tlhIngan yIn rurjaj yInlIj / batlh lunejtaHvIS noch'a' lulo'nIS tera'ngan law'

I like it. The noch'a' reminds me of Diogenes' lantern...

Nick.

Back to archive top level