tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 17 08:52:44 1994

Re: Accidents...

qoranvo':

> BTW, how would one say diminutive baby? ghuoy? With two vocals together?
> Or is there somewhere a rule covering that? Thanks.

First of all, {-oy} is not diminutive, of course, but endearment.
Diminutive is {-Hom}.  In the addendum where {-oy} is introduced,
Okrand has this to say: "Though there are no examples, it is suspected
that for those few nouns which end in a vowel, ' is inserted before
this suffix."  That would make it {ghu'oy}, conforming with what we
know about Klingon phonology.

> 	Qapla' qoranvo'

--Holtej

Back to archive top level