tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 17 07:46:27 2015

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] new vocabulary: theatres and auditoriums, Genesis and The Big Bang Theory

SuStel ([email protected])

On 3/17/2015 5:29 AM, Lieven wrote:
Am 16.03.2015 um 23:01 schrieb Felix Malmenbeck:

Yes. There are many people on this list who refuse self-made compund
nouns, because they think it seems like creating new words. I belong to
those who accept the chapter in TKD as a guideline, not as a
description. That's why I asked Okrand about that, and he said he
doesn't care too much, since Klingon is a spoken language.

Suppose you're playing {pegh mu'}. The password is {gho}. The clue you want to give your partner is "blood oath." As you know, in {pegh mu'} you can only give your partner a single-word clue. Is {'Iw'Ip} a single word or an illegal clue?

Perhaps this is a fatuous example, but there are times when you care whether something you utter is a single word or not.

--
SuStel
http://www.trimboli.name/