tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 24 07:44:52 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] meQboghnom

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

I'm afraid I don't have the English version handy, but if my version of the Klingon text is correct, there are four uses of -ghach, including the one mentioned.

One is the also rather long {ghobrupchu'be'ghach}:

‘uQ’a’ luSop[sic?] neghwI’ ‘e’ vIchaw’
chaHvaD ‘Iw HIq vInob
vaj tlhutlhtaH ‘e’ luSIQlaHbe’
ghIq po veb
may’ ngajHa’moH
SuvwI’wI’ ghobrupchu’be’ghach

This is from paq'raD, Canto 15, vaq molor. Molor is telling Kahless that his forces are so pathetic, he's going to enebriate his own just to make sure the battle doesn't end too quickly.

The third and fourth are {SuvvIpghach}, which is used twice and simply translated as "fear":

paq'raD, Canto 8 (SaqSubDaq chegh):

nItebHa’ molor HI’’a’
SuvvIpghach puj je
HarghmeH yeq chaH