tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 24 06:32:53 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] meQboghnom

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

De'vID:
> Quvar (Lieven) today pointed me at the word {meQboghnom}, which appears
> in the {paq'batlh}.  It is said to be the name of Kahless'
> banner of unity and revolution, under which his armies marched.

Hmm... "burning + fast/quickly"??  Could this refer to the line from the Anthem:

  Our lives burn short and bright

which Okrand translated as:

  nI'be' yInmaj 'ach wovqu'.

For those with the {paq'batlh}, what's the context?

> p.s. In the (non-canon) PC game Klingon Academy, General Chang (reprised
> by Chris Plummer) refers to the Klingon trefoil as the {tIq'ghob}, or "the
> Heart of Virtue, in the ancient tongue".[]

Otherwise known in standard Klingon simply as {tlhIngan wo' Degh} "the symbol of the Klingon Empire:

  tlhIngan wo' Degh 'oH Deghvam'e'
  This marking represents the Klingon Empire. SP1

SP1:  This marking represents the Klingon Empire and has been emblazoned upon the hulls of countless Klingon Starships. During the aggressive expansion of the Klingon people from their homeworld of Kronos into space, this symbol grew to become as feared throughout the galaxy as the menacing profiles of their battlecruisers.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons