tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 15 13:25:11 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Use of {net}

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Fiat Knox :
> The Klingon Dictionary uses {net} in two example sentences:-
>
> qama'pu' DIHoH net Sov - One knows we kill prisoners
> Qu'vaD lI' net tu'bej One certainly finds it useful for the mission
>
> I wonder. What other uses have you found for net in a sentence?

FYI we've have a few more examples since TKD:

  vImuHlu' net wuqHa'!
  My death sentence was commuted! (ENT "Affliction")

  neHmaH Da'el net tu'
  Caught breaching the Neutral Zone. MKE

  Duj ghajchugh pagh, beylI'vo' 'oH Daje' net chaw'
  If [ship is] unowned, you may buy it from the Bank. MKE

... and this untranslated verse from the paq'batlh (paq'yav, 10. qeylIS SuvwI' qan je):

  ta'mey Dun Data'meH naDev SoHtaH
  bIleng net lIjbe'
  quvqa'meH vavlI' yIvang

[Could someone oblige us with the accompanying translation?  Thanks.]

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons