tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 06 23:58:41 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] International?

De'vID ([email protected])

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 2:39 AM, Fiat Knox <[email protected]> wrote:
> Did the Klingon TalkNow! CD come up with the tlhIngan Hol for
> "international?" Only I'd like to refer to the ISS in one of my blogs, and
> while {tengchaH} "space station" is known to me, "International" isn't.

Would the ISS even be a {tengchaH}? I mean, a shuttlecraft is
technically a type of {Duj}, but we still call it a {DujHom}. The ISS
feels more properly like a {tengchaHHom} to me. It doesn't even have
artificial gravity or shields!

I don't have any ideas for "international" beyond those already
suggested, except I want to point out that {Sep} can be interpreted as
"country" according to KGT p.16.

--
De'vID