tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 03 08:50:59 2010

Re: gha'tlhIq

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv ([email protected])

The time stamp doesn't work for me. {tujbogh pem nI' po} has the adjective {nI'} between two nouns that I would otherwise take to be a noun-noun construction. That doesn't work. There can be no words between words in a noun-noun construction.

Perhaps you are trying to pack too much into one sentence. Klingons often use multiple sentences to express what English speakers put into more complex sentences. In this case, you've compounded the challenge by choosing to translate a very long sentence fragment. It's hard to check grammar on a translation of something that was not originally a grammatical sentence.

pItlh.
lojmIt tI'wI' nuv

Back to archive top level