tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 03 13:49:59 2010

Re: gha'tlhIq

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

--- On Fri, 9/3/10, lojmIt tI'wI' nuv <[email protected]> wrote:

> The time stamp doesn't work for me.
> {tujbogh pem nI' po} has the adjective {nI'} between two
> nouns that I would otherwise take to be a noun-noun
> construction. That doesn't work. There can be no words
> between words in a noun-noun construction.

I haven't been following this thread very closely, and I'm not going to comment on timestamps, but do we know for sure that there can be _nothing_ between the nouns in a noun-noun construction? Did Okrand explicitly state this? So something as seemingly natural as {Duj tIn HoD} "The captain of the large ship" is illegal?  I thought we'd used this construction pretty freely in the past.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level