tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 19 08:24:23 2010

RE: RE: A phrase for the love of Klingons!

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:
>> For that matter, {parmaqqay} "par'Machkai, romantic companion/partner"
>> works too for a more - ahem! - physical relationship.

qIno'rIq yanmoHwI' valer tuq:
>Now, that gives me ideas. The situation I have in mind is, that someone
>wants to propose such a more physical relationship to someone.
>   [....]
>could he/she instead ask (e.g., in... uhm... less upheated situations)
>
><<parmaqqaywI' SoHqang'a'?>>
>
>I reread TKD section 6.3., but could not conclude, how natural it feels
>to put ALL KIND of suffixes on pronouns.

We have no examples of {-qang} "is willing to" - or any other Type 2 suffix - on a pronoun, but if it feels wrong you can use the transitive verb {moj} "become":

  parmaqqay Damoj DaneH'a'?
  Do you want to be(come) par'Machkais?
  Do you want to become a [i.e. my] par'Machkai?

  parmaqqaywI' Damojqang'a'?
  Are you willing to be(come) my par'Machkai?

If your intended partner has a sense of humor you might substitute {gheS} "assume the duties of"... although simply growling suggestively while giving him/her a meaningful look usually does the trick.  If you're a male, you could recite a bit of love poetry; I'm sure she'd get the idea.  <g>

--
Voragh
Canon Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level