tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 18 13:46:39 2010

Re: RE: A phrase for the love of Klingons!

Raik Lorenz ([email protected])

[snip]

> For that matter, {parmaqqay} "par'Machkai, romantic companion/partner"
> works too for a more - ahem! - physical relationship.
>

> --
> Voragh
> Canon Master of the Klingons

Now, that gives me ideas. The situation I have in mind is, that someone wants to propose such a more physical relationship to someone.

While Klingon directness and the principle

<<pe'vIl yIjatlh!>>

... are intriguing me to assume, that saying

<<manga'chuq! Ha'!>> or <<HIngagh!>>

would be appropriate in a few situations, could he/she instead ask (e.g., in... uhm... less upheated situations)

<<parmaqqaywI' SoHqang'a'?>>

I reread TKD section 6.3., but could not conclude, how natural it feels to put ALL KIND of suffixes on pronouns.

Besides grammatical advice - for a Klingon, would this maybe sound a little cheesy?

Regards,
qIno'rIq yanmoHwI' valer tuq