tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 26 11:59:39 2010

Re: A thought ...

Christopher Kidder ([email protected])

I would suggest, humbly, that we expose about 3,000 - 5,000 people to
the *tlhIngan
Hol* each year, many of whom have never heard it before and want to know
more.  Not to mention, I require about 10 - 20 people to purchase used
copies of TKD, KGT, and TKW each year.  Why not make the book available in a
way that royalties are collected?  Granted, some of my cast members will
insist on purchasing a $2 used copy, but some will want the new version.
Especially if it corrects the words that appear going only one direction and
includes words that have been adopted into usage but are only located on the
KLI site or in other places other than the three major published Okrand
books.
Granted, not tens of thousands of people demanding the book at the moment.
However, having just auditioned about 100 people who only know Star Trek
from J.J. Abrams's rendition, you may garner a huge number of newbies when
the next movie comes out.

Qapla' batlh je,
Chris

--