tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 25 07:48:03 2010

Re: More Shakespeare please

Andrà MÃller ([email protected])

I actually read Doq's sentence as: He went through the English MacBeth and
looked for some great English lines that he would translate well into
Klingon.
But I doubt that any other sentence would've been readily recognizable when
read out in Klingon. It *had* to be "To be or not to be..."

Greetings,
- André

2010/1/25 Steven Boozer <[email protected]>

> Doq:
> >As I remember it, Okrand said that he had been given the warning that
> >they would want an example of Klingon Shakespeare, but they didn't
> >give him a specific line. He went through MacBeth and several other
> >Shakespearian plays and picked out some great lines that translated
> >well into Klingon, both in grammar and spirit. He had them on a clip-
> >board, ready to give them a choice of which one they preferred.
>
> Did Okrand say he had already translated these?  If so, I wonder if he kept
> them?
>

> --
> Voragh
> Canon Master of the Klingons