tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 10 14:53:46 2010

Re: qoSwIj

kff ([email protected])

Quoting Alex Greene <[email protected]>:

> puq poHmey law' pIq "Many generations hence ..."
>
> DaH pIq "From this time forward ..."

vIyajbe'qu'!

{DaH} means 'now', and I thought {pIq} was used as {<duration> pIq}
meaning '<duration> from now, forwards in time' (e.g. 'in two hours').
So I parse the above as 'now from now' which does not make sense. So
there is something I have misunderstood, I'm afraid.

The examples with generations and honorable battles make perfect
sense, though.

    /buSwI'