tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 11 20:48:33 2009

Re: Klingon in "Don't copy that 2"

In a message dated 9/11/2009 21:39:30 Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> The point that I would suggest that may have been missed here is that
> if you watch a movie, there is no recording process in effect. Yes, it
> was recorded in the past, but right now, it is merely being watched.
>
> If you copy the movie, that is a recording process. It doesn't matter
> whether you are pointing a camera at the video screen, or if you are
> recording a copy of the original data. In both cases, you are
> recording. The point to the message is that you are welcome to watch
> the movie. You dishonor yourself if you record the movie.

I think you are recording the movie when you watch it.  That's what memory
is.  The recording quality and playback are not usually very good, though.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level