tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 11 18:38:26 2009

Re: Klingon in "Don't copy that 2"

Doq ([email protected])

The point that I would suggest that may have been missed here is that
if you watch a movie, there is no recording process in effect. Yes, it
was recorded in the past, but right now, it is merely being watched.

If you copy the movie, that is a recording process. It doesn't matter
whether you are pointing a camera at the video screen, or if you are
recording a copy of the original data. In both cases, you are
recording. The point to the message is that you are welcome to watch
the movie. You dishonor yourself if you record the movie.

You can watch it many times. You can memorize every pixel and sound.
Just don't record it.

If you dishonor yourself, you are not rerecording it because you have
not recorded it in the past. You are recording it for the first time.

qonqa'lu', 'ach Daqonqa'be' SoH. bIquvHa''eghmoHmoH DaqonmeH wanI'
wa'DIch 'oHbogh.

jIbIvba', 'ach rut jIjatlhchu'meH jIjaltlhHa'nIS. ngoDvam SovluH.

Doq

Back to archive top level