tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 31 16:01:37 2009

Two pronunciation questions...

Christopher Doty ([email protected])

First, how to people tend to pronounce two identical consonants when
they are right next to each other?  As long, with both sounds
released, or as a single sound?  Has Okrand said anything about this?

Second, on the KLI page, I noticed that the pronunciation guide has
tlh written as [tËÉ]... It looks like an IPA stress mark in between
the t and the É, and IÊm just wondering what this represents?  Is it
an ejective?  It looked to me from the dictionary that it wasnÊt an
ejective, and the pronunciation audio file on KLI doesnÊt sound like
an ejective...

ThanksÇ

Chris

Back to archive top level