tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 31 17:19:01 2009

Re: Two pronunciation questions...

Mark J. Reed ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

The ' is probably meant to represent aspiration; apostrophe is
commonly used for that.  The [tÉ] is supposed to be strongly
aspirated, i.e.  [tÉÊ], and with affricates it's also common to put
the aspiration indicator on the stop symbol rather than the fricative.

--
Mark J. Reed <[email protected]>

Back to archive top level