tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 30 12:25:14 2009

Re: "Authentic" Klingon materials

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Christopher Doty <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I'm wondering, though, if anyone has tried their hand at producing
>> more "authentic," original compositions in Klingon that aren't
>> translations of extant (human) literature?
>
> /study/jatmey.html describes many such attempts (all
> successful).  There is also the short story {jubHa'}, which appears in
> the third volume of the _Strange New Worlds_ anthology series.

I've written a few silly things. One was a Trek short story that
appeared in *jatmey*, and one I've put on the Web:
http://www.trimboli.name/ghuHmoHQoQ.html

A third came about one {qep'a'} when we had one of our {qaDHommey},
where you open an envelope, find a phrase, and have to give a speech
about it in Klingon. Seqram joked that if we wanted to go all out we
could even write a poem in iambic pentameter with the phrase as the
acrostic. I, being a wiseguy, did exactly that while everyone else was
giving their speeches. I've still got the poem around somewhere; I
should put it on my website.

And, of course, Captain Krankor has written {taHjaj wo'} and {'Iv maH}.

--
SuStel
tlhIngan Hol MUSH

Back to archive top level