tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 28 10:29:14 2009

Re: Usage of -Ha'

ghunchu'wI' wrote:

>> It gives the verb a sense of either "undo" or "do wrongly."
>
> We also often find Marc Okrand pointing out that {-Ha'} can imply a
> change of state, even without an associated {-choH}.

Right, in the sense that a "done" state must have existed before it was
undone. This differs from verbs with {-choH} in that with {-Ha'} the
action is not about changing state; it's simply an implied consequence
of the current state.

--
SuStel
tlhIngan Hol MUSH