tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 25 12:03:41 2009

Re: The topic marker -'e'

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh wrote:

> On the other hand, it can be harmFUL when the person doing it doesn't
> yet recognize the difference between the pronoun {'e'} and the noun
> suffix {-'e'}, or thinks {vIlamHa' choHmoH} has a valid meaning.

Harmful how? So they make a mistake? Non-linguist newbies make mistakes
like those all the time. Exactly what damage will a linguist do if he
misapplies a linguistic theory to Klingon? Why can't we just point out
where or why the theory doesn't hold?

--
SuStel
tlhIngan Hol MUSH