tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 24 20:10:44 2009

RE: Question about Klingon books (e.g., Gilgamesh et al.)

Seruq ([email protected])

> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:04 PM, Christopher Doty
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I'm wondering how y'all feel about the language used in these volumes.
> >  Does it strike you as good Klingon, bad Klingon, intelligible but
> > weird, etc.?
> >
> > I ask because I'm starting to read Gilgamesh, and there are a couple
> > things that just seem weird to me.  I could be because I'm just not
> > all that familiar with Klingon, but some of them just seem downright
> > wrong.....
>
> It'd be helpful to know what you find wrong.
> Then we can address that particular issue.
> Off the top of my head, I can't think of any complaints.

A couple times people have commented "Why did you do it like this ...", and
I replied "What are you talking about?  I wouldn't do that."  Then I look it
up in the book and there it is.  "Holy crap, why did I do that?"
I think one of them that was pointed out was a question-as-object.  Not only
did I for whatever reason use it, but it made it past the proofreaders.
Hey, nobody's perfect.
I just wanted a story that could be read.  Shakespeare can be difficult in
any language.

DloraH

Back to archive top level