tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 24 17:30:12 2009

Re: Comparatives

Christopher Doty wrote:
>> Even if *{vIlamHa'} were able to act adjectivally, what do you think it
>> would mean?
>
> Clean? Or maybe "cleaned"?

No, that'd be just {lamHa'}. {waqmey lamHa'} "cleaned shoes." (Not
{waqmey Say'} "clean shoes," because {lamHa'} carries the implication
that they were previous dirty.)

> You can do this with relative clauses, of
> course, I'm just curious.  I admit that the sentence I put up earlier
> wouldn't work with that space, but I still wonder about the original
> question: can other stuff go on verbs used as adjective?

Not according to any rule we've ever been given or any example we've
ever seen. Only rovers. If you want other stuff, use relative clauses.

--
SuStel
tlhIngan Hol MUSH

Back to archive top level