tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 24 17:37:34 2009

Re: Comparatives

Christopher Doty ([email protected])

> No, that'd be just {lamHa'}. {waqmey lamHa'} "cleaned shoes." (Not
> {waqmey Say'} "clean shoes," because {lamHa'} carries the implication
> that they were previous dirty.)

Sure, forget the subject prefix.  If waq lamHa' is okay, then that is
the only point I was trying to make: it demonstrates that something
other than -qu' and -Daq can go on verbs, at least other rovers.

>> You can do this with relative clauses, of
>> course, I'm just curious.  I admit that the sentence I put up earlier
>> wouldn't work with that space, but I still wonder about the original
>> question: can other stuff go on verbs used as adjective?
>
> Not according to any rule we've ever been given or any example we've
> ever seen. Only rovers. If you want other stuff, use relative clauses.

Okay, sure, but there is nothing that says we can't use -Ha' on the
end of a verb used as an adjective.

Back to archive top level