tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 22 19:09:34 2009

Re: Klingon Sentence Structure

Christopher Doty ([email protected])

Sorry, but no.  HeghpuÊ cannot be translated correctly as "will die."
If Heghpu' did indeed refer to a future time, then it could probably
be translated as "will have died."  There is no sense at all in which
"will die" can have a perfective meaning in English, so to translate a
perfective from another language into "will die" in English is to get
it wrong.

Chris

Back to archive top level