tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 12 01:40:12 2009

Re: Yet another newbie!

kff ([email protected])

{jIHvaD De' Danobta' 'e'vaD qatlho'}

Ok, I think this is wrong, but I can't figure out how to say 'because'.
It's not really 'in order to', so I can't use '-meH', I think. Tricky.

> Gee, two newbies at the same time :-)

Yeah, sometimes you hit the mother load... :-)

> If you want to hear really a lot of pronunciation, you defnitely need to
> get a copy of "Conversational Klingon". It's a tape also available on CD
> which contains the original voice of Marc Okrand explaining and speaking
> Klingon.

I'll check it out; great to listen in the car!

> A second tape is called "Power Klingon". It contains more vocabulary, but
> less grammer. It's for the advanced speaker.
>
> {pojwI'} is surely a good software, and making your own flashcards is also
> a good practice to remember the words.

{ngorghach pImbe' pojwI' mughwI'}

> And don't forget the movies, they contain the "original" Klingon, even
> though it's sometimes hard to understand.

I have seen the first (many years ago) and the third. Are there any other
movies with a lot of Klingon?

> Qapla'
> batlh tlhIngan Hol yIghojtaH.

Would that be "Continuously study Klingon with honor!" ?