tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 12 07:33:29 2009

Re: Yet another newbie!

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

--- On Thu, 11/12/09, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

> {jIHvaD De' Danobta' 'e'vaD qatlho'}
>
> Ok, I think this is wrong, but I can't figure out how to
> say 'because'.
> It's not really 'in order to', so I can't use '-meH', I
> think. Tricky.

The suffix {-mo'} is what you want. This would eliminate the need for {'e'}, which AFAIK never takes any suffixes, anyway. So,

{jIHvaD De' Danobmo' qatlho'}

> > And don't forget the movies, they contain the
> "original" Klingon, even
> > though it's sometimes hard to understand.
>
> I have seen the first (many years ago) and the third. Are
> there any other
> movies with a lot of Klingon?

I have several movies in Klingon on my website. Not canon, of course, but I think my pronunciation is at least as good as most of the official actors.

http://teresh.tdonnelly.org

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level