tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 29 13:39:55 2009

RE: White Dwarfs and Neutron Stars

Christopher Fulkerson, Ph.D. ([email protected])

THIS IS UNWELCOME EMAIL.    UNWELCOME EMAIL IS SPAM.   I HAVE REPEATEDLY
REQUESTED REMOVAL FROM YOUR MAILING LIST.
REMOVE MY NAME FROM YOUR LIST, STOP SENDING YOUR SPAM, OR I WILL BE FORCED
TO SEEK HELP FROM WHATEVER LEGAL AUTHORITIES ARE AVAILABLE.
REPLIES TO THIS EMAIL ARE ALSO NOT WELCOME UNLESS THEY WILL RESOLVE THIS
ISSUE AS I HAVE MADE CLEAR IT NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED.
CHRISTOPHER FULKERSON

On Fri, May 29, 2009 1:27 pm, Steven Boozer wrote:
> Fiat Knox (Alex):
>>White dwarf stars and neutron stars are, in essence, the remains of dead
>>stars which collapsed, degenerating their matter into something akin to a
>>big diamond the size of the Earth (white dwarfs) and a block of neutrons
>>the size of Milwaukee (neutron stars).
>>
>>So how about [Hov lom] (white dwarf) and [Hov lomHom] (neutron star), or
>>some such?
>
> Voragh:
>>> This should be *{lom Hov} "corpse star" or even *{lomHov}.  It's
>>> a type of star, not a type of corpse.  Compare the various ship
>>> types:  HIvDuj, may'Duj, qughDuj, SuyDuj, toDDuj, tongDuj, toQDuj,
>>> tlharghDuj, veQDuj, veSDuj, etc.
>>>
>>> But more importantly, how is this better than {Dejpu'bogh Hov}
>>> "collapsed star"?  You could say *{Dejpu'bogh HovHom} for the
>>> smaller variety if you really need to.
>
> Fiat Knox (Alex):
>>Dejpu'bogh Hov also works for me, though as with the English "neutron
>>star" and "pulsar", or "black hole" and "collapsar," it might be possible
>>to consider both options as possibly valid, in the same way as we have
>>"not" and "paghlogh" for "never."
>
> Add to these the obvious {HovHom chIS} for white dwarf-star.  Klingon
> wouldn't recognize it, of course, but English-speaking Klingonists would.
>

> --
> Voragh
> Canon Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level