tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 29 13:19:36 2009

RE: UNWELCOME EMAIL: White Dwarfs and Neutron Stars

Christopher Fulkerson, Ph.D. ([email protected])

THIS IS UNWELCOME EMAIL.    UNWELCOME EMAIL IS SPAM.   I HAVE REPEATEDLY
REQUESTED REMOVAL FROM YOUR MAILING LIST.
REMOVE MY NAME FROM YOUR LIST, STOP SENDING YOUR SPAM, OR I WILL BE FORCED
TO SEEK HELP FROM WHATEVER LEGAL AUTHORITIES ARE AVAILABLE.
REPLIES TO THIS EMAIL ARE ALSO NOT WELCOME UNLESS THEY WILL RESOLVE THIS
ISSUE AS I HAVE MADE CLEAR IT NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED.
CHRISTOPHER FULKERSON

On Fri, May 29, 2009 9:58 am, Steven Boozer wrote:
> Fiat Knox (Alex):
>>White dwarf stars and neutron stars are, in essence, the remains of dead
>>stars which collapsed, degenerating their matter into something akin to a
>>big diamond the size of the Earth (white dwarfs) and a block of neutrons
>>the size of Milwaukee (neutron stars).
>>
>>So how about [Hov lom] (white dwarf) and [Hov lomHom] (neutron star), or
>>some such?
> This should be *{lom Hov} "corpse star" or even *{lomHov}.  It's a type of
> star, not a type of corpse.  Compare the various ship types:  HIvDuj,
> may'Duj, qughDuj, SuyDuj, toDDuj, tongDuj, toQDuj, tlharghDuj, veQDuj,
> veSDuj, etc.
>
> But more importantly, how is this better than {Dejpu'bogh Hov} "collapsed
> star"?
>
>   Dejpu'bogh Hov rur qablIj
>   Your face looks like a collapsed star! (PK)
>
> You could say *{Dejpu'bogh HovHom} for the smaller variety if you really
> need to.
>

> --
> Voragh
> Canon Master of the Klingons