tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 27 23:33:42 2009

Re: nuq bach?

qa'vaj ([email protected])

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 1:05 AM, Brent Kesler <[email protected]
> wrote:
>
> - {yaSvaD taj nobpu' qama'} <The prisoner gave the officer the knife>
> - {chaHvaD Soj qem yaS} <The officer brings them food>
>
> The officer benefits from the prisoner giving the knife. They benefit
> from the officer bringing food.

For me, this is a surprising development.  But interesting as well.

I would take away from this that {chaHvaD Soj qem yaS} is correct Klingon,
but {chaHvaD tar qem yaS} would be (in the absence of context) incorrect
usage.

--
qa'vaj
qo'lIj DachenmoHtaH