tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 23 14:34:34 2009

Re: Klingon orthography (was: Okrand at qep'a')

ghunchu'wI' ([email protected])

On Jun 22, 2009, at 1:06 PM, Michael Everson wrote:

> NuqneH

It's hard for me to take a post on orthography seriously when it
begins by ignoring the standard orthography.

> Is there scope for a spelling reform in the Latin orthography for
> Klingon?

There might be, but your proposals don't look like Latin orthography
to me.  Where's the "dotless question mark" key on a Latin keyboard?
Your examples are full of untypeable characters, and a few
unprintable ones.

If your goal is to make searches work better, there's already the
Unicode PUA mapping.  If you want it to be more "readable", I think
you're trying to solve something which is not a problem, and I think
your proposed solutions are counterproductive.  I also strongly
disagree with your statement that mutable case can "make any text
easier to read", though I don't consider it important enough to debate.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level