tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 18 07:27:50 2009

Re: Correct use of retlh

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Your positioning of {retlh} is correct in all your examples, but you need to add the locative suffix {-Daq}: {Duj retlhDaq muloSlI' la'wI'}. The locational words are actually nouns (eg. "the area alongside"), so they need the locative suffix to indicate "location where".  Compare to {logh chIm 'oH Duj retlh'e'} "The area alongside the ship is empty space."

-- ter'eS