tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 28 13:14:48 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: News from Maltz
- From: Noah <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: News from Maltz
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:12:55 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1248811975; bh=q/E96OGk1OmwlUyeF/7JAQgviawCsLHu/NDFmVQjvNQ=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=mUymvOvFd+c/aFtRMttqZY6gmXg+THIDh3oHufeJdNmuOO2IGe4sykExz1c1dfV6/Dco3wgDZVyU5g0F0DmWAI87b81FuxXIFxlSvDdr9H1Um2giEBV5dErqf2d6NNhopkzreq7erOwKe6vbrr5IoXJYmMkry+I4ooX/QYGzbKQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=rwh66HZ7RSnOh1ihsRXilJ7WdjRR0/51XB55WgdxHFqMpH740qnJSH5q+ZInSzC6AsFGRWYApVRsf1El+/C4qXXJoKQGfOzFAwUntcl3ayqlsMUj0OOWdTpHOy3LswYHGpJbd4PRxmomCN13VRg8vf9MwgBnNy2nrY/ZPOG5Ahc=;
- In-reply-to: <57D0AD8A-D6D7-4D42-A728-A5EEE9504239@evertype.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A6F21CA.email@example.com> <57D0AD8A-D6D7-4D42-A728-A5EEE9504239@evertype.com>
I got your message. Odd.
From: Michael Everson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 1:51:09 PM
Subject: Re: News from Maltz
On 28 Jul 2009, at 17:05, David Trimboli wrote:
>>> My guess is that it sounds like "villain," which is the sort of
>>> person who nearly always has minions.
>> Also, wasn't there an old English word "villein" that meant something
>> like servant or minion?
> You're right, that's it. A villein was a low-class farmer, just one
> step above a serf. It's also the linguistic source of the word
Well this is very peculiar, because I posted about "villain" about
nine hours ago and it still hasn't turned up on this list.
Michael Everson * http://www.evertype.com/