tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 03 12:04:12 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: Internet abused by terrible tweets in Klingon!
Heather Myers (email@example.com)
- From: Heather Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Internet abused by terrible tweets in Klingon!
- Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 15:01:00 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=IcGdUy5oybIDsj9wTs2mZ7wL0IWJYsPqKIaY9MC0t+4=; b=kLpZFFFBvt154RN31eHYUZncEkfya1MNtfFlbqe6yjK3J3aEXcruo0RX5gCZtzDnZY jH+VJJ/5Uvi76Zs68TwXca0NMhOaY2TJDQTaByPJQJne5osYF1UKfo+zzod8g0h7eMMk BsTm/BBEBMRlqml21qKunwqbk8wqe0lNowl+0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; b=K+lwcIruog9XTTNv8VSLLReXQBwv9q3DjlHRoE2ukxClRNbggV2ITFZDSK1IvcY+IU /3cM/7esWkMCTHXSWDPkl+V+P8Z2r+/EU8IkIe12jwepIQ8RMVPbZEWC2zitoRIPISRF c226TShBJ7eRNLI+85dhOlGuIYYjxhfJgpvRs=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
There's an 'improve this translation' button on it... I did a couple. But
ouch. My poor brain! Klingon is no more machine-translatable than
English. They should try Lojban.
2009/12/3 qurgh lungqIj <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I've been working with these folks, trying to improve their translation
> engine. They know that it has problems and they are working on ways for us,
> the Klingon speaking community, to help improve it. The creators want to
> make something that produces at least decent Klingon.
> Right now they have only done a soft launch so that they can collect inputs
> from users, I'm assuming so they can increase the amount of submitted
> sentences in their database. At some point in the future they will allow
> people like us to login and correct translations. I don't know all the
> details yet though. They also hope to open-source the code in the future so
> that others can build on it.
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 2:26 AM, Christopher Doty <email@example.com
> > The site linked from the article below is offering to translate your
> > English into Klingon and post it to Twitter. Except that it doesn't
> > translate anything. It just fills in the Klingon word for the English
> > word. With appalling results. "I want to eat gagh" was rendered by
> > it as <jIH neH Daq Sop gagh>.
> > http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/how-to-tweet-in-klingon-a.php
> > There is lots of disagreement on this list about various things, but I
> > think we can agree on one thing: the locative suffix <-Daq> should
> > never be used as a word unto itself, especially to form an infinitive
> > (!!).
> > Chris