tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 02 23:28:45 2009

Internet abused by terrible tweets in Klingon!

Christopher Doty ([email protected])

The site linked from the article below is offering to translate your
English into Klingon and post it to Twitter.  Except that it doesn't
translate anything.  It just fills in the Klingon word for the English
word.  With appalling results.  "I want to eat gagh" was rendered by
it as <jIH neH Daq Sop gagh>.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/how-to-tweet-in-klingon-a.php

There is lots of disagreement on this list about various things, but I
think we can agree on one thing: the locative suffix <-Daq> should
never be used as a word unto itself, especially to form an infinitive
(!!).

Chris

Back to archive top level