tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 02 23:39:44 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: Internet abused by terrible tweets in Klingon!
Christopher Doty (email@example.com)
- From: Christopher Doty <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Internet abused by terrible tweets in Klingon!
- Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 23:37:53 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=j3ICK1Z4BZ4R2Gw+nzKffZ1fOlq2B2AEgY9U4teOpAo=; b=u0Z1fUTdTpbFfTltnpu6dEcQbE9FS0HHaT0mbP8btpLMPatCGU3l1KnW7et6kghiZs WlRcxpxiXxpW8gXhfKR+BIqrWLULIrelB2c7dCA+cC8aaz1kvRzZDj0slWKz5kPn24bQ iqq71Tt+9LDCn2YoQam2410HedCkJjhSmcGTs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=n9HzrQO48CiWpekzGCKNYgOmyNejsn+Jk8MolRrczLOJuazrFW6NV/JLRz0xTRvnB+ 5gdoNDoReuvE+uQa9i8z8D0oBLG3vB3JaM9GL9vljw84G+6/vyndvUCU5AjjfmaWL7Pu VXm4jFIOj1pdaQedFrPmJQL5BpHsBgIQNmNDo=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
And in case anyone was curious, this is the sort of terrible nonsense
that makes project's like Tracy's important...
On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 23:26, Christopher Doty <email@example.com> wrote:
> The site linked from the article below is offering to translate your
> English into Klingon and post it to Twitter. Except that it doesn't
> translate anything. It just fills in the Klingon word for the English
> word. With appalling results. "I want to eat gagh" was rendered by
> it as <jIH neH Daq Sop gagh>.
> There is lots of disagreement on this list about various things, but I
> think we can agree on one thing: the locative suffix <-Daq> should
> never be used as a word unto itself, especially to form an infinitive