tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 01 05:49:28 2009

RE: "Authentic" Klingon materials -- cha'logh vagh

Yens Wahlgren ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

I remember a "Klingon" meter called: cha'logh vagh

I think it was described in jatmey a long time ago. But I found a web site describing the metrical system:

http://www.speakeasy.org/~mamandel/klingon/puSlogh.html

> I've used a meter that I found in Diane Duane and Peter Morwood's novel
> "The Romulan Way"; it's from verses ostensibly in Vulcan, but I tried a
> few verses using Klingon instead, and it seemed to work reasonably well.

> Well, I've kind of make up a meter.  Since stress in Klingon is
> slippery, and English worries about stress far more than most
> languages, I've just done syllable counts for the meter, ignoring
> stress.  Klingon used to use a trinary counting system, so I've used
> that as an organizing principle.

Keep your friends updated?even when you?re not signed in.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_5:092010

Back to archive top level