tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 24 08:43:04 2009

Defunct Projects (Was Re: Edgar Allan Poe)

Michael Roney, Jr. ([email protected])

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 11:32 PM, Tad Stauffer<[email protected]> wrote:
> A Wayback Machine archive of The Raven translation can be found at:
> http://web.archive.org/web/20080116143733/http://www.cs.unibo.it/~mbenini/

And here I was thinking of a dog and his boy...

> I was editor/coordinator for the Poe Project, but due to various reasons
> (limited amount of interest/submissions, real life time commitments, etc.)
> the project stalled. So unless someone else takes over and drums up a large
> amount of on-going enthusiasm for it, I'd consider it unofficially
> 'postponed indefinitely', similar to the Klingon Bible translation's
> apparent status.

So, is there a place that we can gather all of this information?
I don't know how many people submitted drafts or final submissions,
but between the various projects the KLI has had over the years
combined with personal side projects, I'd say that a pretty large
amount of tlhIngan Hol is just sitting out there.
While Project Poe (which I hadn't thought of in years) or the KBTP may
be "on hold", we don't want to lose what we already have.
Who knows, maybe in a few years someone will want to tackle Project
Poe or The Bible.

Speaking of which, the Wiki has said for years the Macbeth has been
translated. Anyone know for sure?

~naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.