tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 23 20:42:27 2009

Re: Edgar Allan Poe

Tad Stauffer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

A Wayback Machine archive of The Raven translation can be found at:
http://web.archive.org/web/20080116143733/http://www.cs.unibo.it/~mbenini/

I was editor/coordinator for the Poe Project, but due to various reasons
(limited amount of interest/submissions, real life time commitments, etc.)
the project stalled. So unless someone else takes over and drums up a large
amount of on-going enthusiasm for it, I'd consider it unofficially
'postponed indefinitely', similar to the Klingon Bible translation's
apparent status.

Not to say that there is no recent quality Klingon translation work.
Agnieska's translation of the Tao Te Ching was published recently:
http://www.amazon.com/Tao-Te-Ching-Agnieska-Solska/dp/0964434520
http://www.amazon.com/Tao-Te-Ching-Agnieszka-Solska/dp/0964434555

and the Worlds of Translation project seems to be slowly progressing. (I
finally finished my first pass of my story translation at the qep'a' this
summer, and hopefully others were similarly inspired.)

-Tad

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Terrence Donnelly <
[email protected]> wrote:

> There was a Poe Project through the KLI at one time, for which I did "Fall
> of the House of Usher", but I don't think they got all the translations they
> wanted, and I haven't heard anything about it in years.
>
> -- ter'eS

Back to archive top level