tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 28 22:48:39 2008

I Resemble That Remark

Christopher Fulkerson, Ph.D. ([email protected])

Dear Nonadmin Nonauthoritarian(s),

Some of what you said was helpful, though I think you were being too
vague, since you were obviously generally referring to my letter.

I think that an obviously humorous "you are without honor" is a lot less
offensive than some of the stuff that got slung at me; I wish you had
addressed that.

But to get right down to work, I thought I understood your example about
the discussion group does until you gave an example.    For if there were
a thing that were bloodwine, it would have a name in Klingon of course,
and its ingredients would have names too.   To develop it as a thing we
could participate in (i.e., make), would we not have to discuss this?
And then would not the thus agreed-upon ingredients have to have names,
also discussed.    This seems clear to me.   There's good reason to
develop a Klingon cookbook.    It would be especially interesting if
certain Earth foods could be used to substitute for Klingon ones.   For
example, raw calamari could substitute for ("be") Gach (or however you
spell it).

Best,

Christopher

************

On Sat, September 27, 2008 1:33 am, Lieven Litaer wrote:
> Greetings Klingonists and other members of this list!
> I'm talking in general to everyone becaue I do not wish to point at one
> specific person
>
> I am not any kind of "regiment" or "admin" here, but as a former
> Beginners' Grammarian, Ilike to welcome you here - if you like to learn
> Klingon - and also point to the list's FAQ. It might certainly answer many
> questions to new members:
> http://higbee.cots.net/Holtej//klingon/faq.htm
>
> Next I would like to ask you to keep polite, as one should do in any other
> group in the internet. Expressions like "you are without honor" and "talk
> to your therapist" are not really polite...
>
> This is a group of many people, and there is nobody "in duty" to answer.
> Some people answer immediately, others (like me) might answer only once in
> a week. It might even happen that nobody answers to your message, so just
> ask again.
>
> This group has about twenty active writers on the same time, so don't be
> afraid of too much "Spam". The numbers of mails ranges from zero to five a
> day in average.
>
> By the way, what is apam to us, is usually off-topic messages which are in
> english. The main rule for this list is: write IN Klingon, or ABOUT
> Klingon; And we mean the Klingon language and culture, not about how to
> make a klingon mask or bloodwine.
>
> I hope that all this excitement calms down a little now, and I also hope
> you are successful learning Klingon!
> batlh tlhIngan Hol Daghojjaj!
>
> Quvar valer 'utlh
> aka
>   Lieven L. Litaer, Grammarian of the KLI.
>
> (tlhInganpu'vaD jImugh: bIjatlh 'e' yImev, yItlhutlh!  ;-)
>

> --
> Ist Ihr Browser Vista-kompatibel? Jetzt die neuesten
> Browser-Versionen downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/browser

Back to archive top level