tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 27 01:40:12 2008

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Greetings Klingonists and other members of this list!
I'm talking in general to everyone becaue I do not wish to point at one specific person

I am not any kind of "regiment" or "admin" here, but as a former Beginners' Grammarian, Ilike to welcome you here - if you like to learn Klingon - and also point to the list's FAQ. It might certainly answer many questions to new members:
http://higbee.cots.net/Holtej//klingon/faq.htm

Next I would like to ask you to keep polite, as one should do in any other group in the internet. Expressions like "you are without honor" and "talk to your therapist" are not really polite...

This is a group of many people, and there is nobody "in duty" to answer. Some people answer immediately, others (like me) might answer only once in a week. It might even happen that nobody answers to your message, so just ask again.

This group has about twenty active writers on the same time, so don't be afraid of too much "Spam". The numbers of mails ranges from zero to five a day in average.

By the way, what is apam to us, is usually off-topic messages which are in english. The main rule for this list is: write IN Klingon, or ABOUT Klingon; And we mean the Klingon language and culture, not about how to make a klingon mask or bloodwine.

I hope that all this excitement calms down a little now, and I also hope you are successful learning Klingon!
batlh tlhIngan Hol Daghojjaj!

Quvar valer 'utlh
aka
  Lieven L. Litaer, Grammarian of the KLI.

(tlhInganpu'vaD jImugh: bIjatlh 'e' yImev, yItlhutlh!  ;-)